Sparta, NJ (Oct. 23, 2019)
– ShopRite today opened its newest state-of-the-art, full-service supermarket, the ShopRite of Sparta, with a ribbon cutting ceremony and comunity celebration at the new store at 18 North Village Boulevard.
The grand opening celebration included local dignitaries and the entire Sparta and RoNetco Supermarkets team, including Dominick J. Romano, RoNetco’s Vice President & COO; David Romano, RoNetco’s Vice President & CFO, and RoNetco supervisors, merchandisers, managers, and Sparta ShopRite associates.
ShopRite of Sparta is owned by RoNetco Supermarkets, Inc., a family-owned company with nearly a century in the grocery business and seven ShopRite stores in northwestern New Jersey. The new ShopRite offers one-stop shopping with a wide selection of groceries including both store and national brands, locally sourced foods and a variety of fresh prepared and restaurant-style meals. The store will employ 250 full- and part-time associates.
“RoNetco Supermarkets has a long history of commitment to the communities where our ShopRite stores operate, and we look forward to officially becoming a part of the great Sparta community,” said Dominick J. Romano, Vice President & COO of RoNetco Supermarkets, Inc.
With an emphasis on reducing its eco-footprint, the new ShopRite of Sparta also features energy-efficient refrigeration and lighting, with LED lighting throughout the store and its parking lot.
Featured Departments Include:
- Fresh, Walk-In Seafood Market
Uniquely designed as a temperature-controlled, in-store market, the Seafood Market features dozens of varieties of fresh seafood delivered daily, including seafood flown in overnight from Alaska and Hawaii. Seafood specialists at the counter can help with selection and recipe ideas and steam orders for free while customers shop.
Full-Service Meat Department
- ShopRite’s Meat Department features fresh beef ground daily, a variety of organic and natural selections and grass fed offerings, ready-to-cook signature items and simply sourced products including Certified Angus Beef. Certified Journeymen Butchers can also custom cut meat for customers.
- Prepared Foods and Deli Department
Customers can enjoy an assortment of prepared foods and grab-and-go items including sandwiches made to order, freshly prepared take home entrees and Pan-Asian and sushi offerings. The new store also houses a dine-in café with a fireplace, television, and WIFI.
- Health & Wellness Services
- ShopRite of Sparta’s in-store registered dietitian, Samantha Cifelli, will offer complimentary health and wellness services to customers, including individual nutrition counseling, shop-a-long store tours, wellness events and recipe and product recommendations. Customers can make an appointment with the dietitian by calling or stopping in the store.
ShopRite of Sparta will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, and 8 a.m.-7 p.m. on Sundays.
For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com
or follow the store’s Facebook
page for updates.
ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative based in Keasbey, NJ, and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With more than 270 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than six million customers each week. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Since the program began in 1999, ShopRite Partners In Caring has donated $43 million to food banks that support more than 2,100 worthy charities. As a title sponsor of the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer, ShopRite has donated $34 million to local organizations, hospitals and community groups. For more information, please visit www.shoprite.com
# # #