Grand Opening Slated for November 10, 2013
ShopRite today announced the November 10 grand opening of its newest store, ShopRite of Greater Morristown, located at 178 E. Hanover Ave., Cedar Knolls, NJ (at the intersection of E. Hanover Ave and Horsehill Rd). The store will be owned and operated by Village Super Market, Inc. which also owns and operates 28 additional ShopRite stores in New Jersey, Maryland and Eastern Pennsylvania. A ribbon cutting ceremony with members of the Sumas family and town dignitaries will be held at 9:00 AM on November 10, along with a $10,000 check presentation to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey.
“We named the store ShopRite of Greater Morristown because we hope to become a food shopping, wellness center and dining destination for surrounding communities and neighborhoods,” said Bill Sumas, Vice Chairman. “We’ve designed the store for the ultimate shopping experience, with unique store features unlike any other supermarket in the area.”
In addition to carrying a broad array of groceries, fresh produce and locally sourced products, the 78,000 square foot store will employ over 400 associates and these unique offerings:
- Village Food Garden with indoor/outdoor seating where guests can enjoy a wide array of gourmet food items, including:
- Lavazza Café – fine Italian coffee blends, espresso, lattes, cappuccinos, machiattos, all handcrafted by baristas.
- Celebration Station, for a wide variety of self-serve and custom cakes, ranging from 3D cakes to multi-layer wedding cakes, created by experienced cake decorators.
- Patisserie 37 offering the finest pastries, including freshly prepared Artuso Pastry, a renowned fourth generation family bakery in the Bronx’s Little Italy.
- Oyster Bar with freshly shucked oysters and other seafood delicacies created using fresh seafood delivered daily.
- La Piazetta - handmade pizza creations, designed by the store’s own Pizzaiolo, made with double-zero flour, San Marzano tomatoes, and hand shredded fresh mozzarella, as well as store made Italian dishes.
- Scrunchi San authentic hand-rolled sushi and sashimi.
- Mr. Perry’s Smokehouse, featuring barbecue favorites like pulled pork, slow-cooked brisket, St. Louis smoked ribs prepared by the store's in-house Pitmaster.
- The Green Juice Bar, where customers can purchase made-to-order fruit & veggie juices and smoothies.
- Blueprint Subs & Salads, where customers create their own sandwich masterpieces, starting with choosing freshly-baked bread from the store’s Five Borough Bread bar.
- VFG Diner, which serves classic diner fare with a gourmet spin such Challah French Toast with a hint of vanilla, served with warm maple syrup, grilled burgers with thin frizzled Vidalia onions and famous Black & White milkshakes.
- Wellness Center
- Fitness center featuring yoga, Zumba and other exercise classes free to Price Plus card members
- Dietitian’s Corner offering free nutrition services and counseling
- Culinary classes
- Child Learning Center where children from ages three to eight years old can be entertained by certified childcare instructors while parents shop
- Bazaar Marketplace with unique items at great values
- Catering Center with a coordinator who can assist with “made from scratch” catering orders, setup for events and delivery
- ShopRite from Home Delivery service for customers who wish to order groceries for pickup or delivery
In addition, the store will carry craft beer, fine wines and spirits and have a vast array of gourmet and ready-to-eat foods. Items from the Village Food Garden can be enjoyed in an indoor/outdoor seating area, furnished with lounge-like seating and televisions.
There will be themed events every weekend in November to celebrate the grand opening, including a Taste of Tuscany (wine tastings, cheese pairings, bread samplings and prizes), Family Day (arts and crafts, games, and food), Health & Wellness Day (featuring flu shot kiosks, aerobics classes and food samplings) and Local Day (spotlighting local farmers and businesses).