Keasbey, NJ ( Sept. 5, 2017)
– Baseball fans are once again invited to bring a non-perishable food donation to the ShopRite Partners In Caring annual food drive at Citizens Bank Park on Sunday, Sept. 17. The family-friendly game day event will include FREE food samples, giveaways and visits from the Phillie Phanatic and Galapagos Gang mascots. Those who make a non-perishable food donation will also receive a buy one get one FREE ticket voucher for a ballgame.
The event is open to the public and game tickets are not required to access the ShopRite Partners In Caring Food Drive. The festive food drive and block party will run from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. along Citizens Bank Way, with music provided by CBS Radio.
ShopRite and the Phillies host the ShopRite Partners In Caring Food Drive each year to benefit Philabundance food bank, the largest hunger relief organization in the Delaware Valley.
The ShopRite truck will be parked on Citizens Bank Way and those who attend the event will receive a FREE ShopRite re-usable grocery bag while supplies last. Fans can also drop off their donations in Philabundance bins located at any Citizens Bank Park entrance gates
ShopRite, Hatfield, Herr’s, Tastykake, and Turkey Hill will provide free food samples to fans and food donors during the food drive.
Event highlights include:
- Appearance by the Phillie Phanatic
- FREE BOGO (buy one get one FREE) ticket voucher. Those who bring a non-perishable food donation to the ballpark this year can earn a FREE buy one get one free ticket voucher they can use for that day’s game against the World Series Champion Chicago Cubs or a future Phillies game during the regular 2017 season
- Fun events for kids of all ages, including a visit from the Galapagos Gang
- Food sampling, music and giveaways
ShopRite is a proud sponsor of the Phillies and one of the many Phillies partners participating in the Phans Feeding Families summer-long initiative, aimed at raising money and collecting food donations to feed the 750,000 people in the Delaware Valley. For more information, please visit www.phillies.com/feedingfamilies
“This is a great team effort that gets food to those in need in the Philadelphia area,” said Christine Magyarits, spokeswoman for ShopRite Partners In Caring. “Events like this also help raise awareness about hunger and the vital role food banks like Philabundance play in the community. ShopRite Partners in Caring supports that good work and has donated more than $2 million to Philabundance since 1999.”
“We’re grateful to ShopRite, the Phillies and all the Phans who help hit hunger out of the park by donating non-perishable items to help feed our neighbors in need,” said Glenn Bergman, executive director, Philabundance. “By donating protein-rich and healthy items such as canned tuna, peanut butter and cereal, you help show that you’re all partners in caring about those facing hunger.”
ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative based in Keasbey, NJ, and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With more than 270 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than six million customers each week. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Since the program began in 1999, ShopRite Partners In Caring has donated $43 million to food banks that support more than 2,100 worthy charities. As a title sponsor of the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer, ShopRite has donated $30 million to local organizations, hospitals and community groups. For more information, please visit www.shoprite.com
Philabundance seeks to drive hunger from our communities today and end hunger forever. It serves approximately 90,000 people per week, a third of whom are children and 15% of whom are seniors. In 2014, Philabundance distributed approximately 30 million pounds of food through its own neighborhood distribution programs and through a network of approximately 400 member agencies in 9 counties in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. For more information about Philabundance, visit Philabundance.org or call 215-339-0900.